Saturday, May 23, 2009

My First week in Ukraine

Almost there! Boarding the plane for the last leg of the journey, from Warsaw Poland, to L'viv Ukraine.

Everything went great for the entire trip. I left Madrid Spain, at 6:35am and landed at 6:01pm in L'viv. I was the last person through immigration, and to get my bags, but it was perfect timing because Joshua Steele had just got there. He called a taxi and off we went to his apartment, where I had diner and some great fellowship.
About 8:30pm Brian Shufelt came and picked me up in a taxi and took me to the Ministry Center/apartment, which will be my temporary home until CMO starts.


This is a very nice cobblestone road in L'viv.
Most of the streets in town are very rough cobblestone

Every Tuesday night is English club, but due to the rain only one person showed up. Basically for one hour we read, discuss what has be read, then Joshua preaches for about an hour after which we have some kind of sweet and a cup of hot tea (Neat fact: Ukraines hate cold tea!!)

Sunday after church we were invited to the Steeles for lunch where I was introduced to a new game, called Catan (Which is similar to Risk).

This is at Joshua apartment in his living room.
On the left is Brian Shufelt, in the center is Rebekah Steele, and on the right is Abigail Steel.

2 comments:

  1. Looks good! I miss you so much. Wish I could be there to be your personal photographer.... :)
    Praying for you and Love you!
    Your favorite sis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you! We all miss you! Thanks for sharing. We look forward to MANY more posts :)
    Mom for the family

    ReplyDelete